a quiz to see what you know...
Here's a quiz Greg sent me today. Read the questions and write down your answers to see how observant you are. The answers are at the end but DON'T CHEAT! Also, you cannot look at the items mentioned in the questions to help you answer. After the answers, I'll tell you how I scored.
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
2. How many states are there in the USA? (Don't laugh, some people don'tknow)
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?
4. What six colours are on the classic Campbell's soup label?
5. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?
6. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?
7. How many matches are in a standard pack?
8. On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white?
9. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
10. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?
11. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?
12. How many channelson a VHF TV dial?
13. On which side of a wo men's blouse are the buttons?
14. Which way do fans rotate?
15. What is on the back of a Canadian dime?
16. How many sides does a stop sign have?
17. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?
18. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
19. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
20. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy,Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?
21. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
22. On which playing card is the card maker's trademark?
23. On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord to slide them up anddown?
24. On the back of a Canadian $1 coin, what is in the centre?
25. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear nodigits?
26. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?
27. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?
ANSWERS 1. Bottom 2.
50 3. Right 4. Blue, red, white, yellow, black, & gold 5. 1, 0 ! 6.
Right 7. 20 8. Red 9. 88 10. Clockwise (north of the equator) 11. Towards
bottom right 12. 12 (no#1) 13. Left 14. Clockwise as you look at it 15. The
Bluenose (sailboat) 16. 8 17. Left 18. 5 19. 6 20. Bashful 21. 8 22. Ace of
spades 23. Left 24. Loon 25. *, # 26. 3 27. counter-clockwise
I got 20 correct. I missed #4 yellow and blue; #7 I said 15 matches instead of 20... I'm not a smoker; #12 I had no idea about the tv channels; #14 I said fans go counter-clockwise because mine does... technically, the answer should say that ceiling fans can go either direction... there's a little switch where you can reverse the direction; #15 I had no idea about Canadian coins; #23 the cord on the blinds... i couldn't remember which side was the usual side b/c one set of blinds at my mom's house is purposely reversed; #24 Canadian money again... what is a loon anyway? That's it. Tell me how many you get correct.