Jun 27, 2005

so here's my update...

I know I haven't posted in quite some time. I don't get a chance to post on days that I work, and in the last week my days off have either been spent catching up on sleep or doing things slightly more important than posting on my blog. Anyway, just wanted to write a quick post about what we talked about in Bible study tonight. Katie wrapped up Ephesians for us (at least I think it's wrapped up... there might be one more). We talked about the armor of God, but in a different way than I have ever thought about it. The biggest thing that stuck out to me was that Christ IS our armor. We receive the armor/Christ at the point of salvation. We don't have to ask for the armor on a daily basis; the deal is we have to use it. Another thing that stuck out was that it's not our job to defeat satan... that's God's job in God's time. Our job is to defend ourselves against him. That's encouraging! So anyway, that's really all I have to say. I'll try to post again soon with random updates on what's going on in my life, but I don't feel like writing much more tonight. So until next time, grace and peace!

No comments: