Jul 7, 2005

things i forgot...

Last night as I was journaling a similar entry as the last one in my real journal, I realized I left out a few details that are worth mentioning. First of all, on Saturday I shot a rifle. It was the very first time I'd ever shot a gun, and I was admittedly a little nervous about it, not knowing how easy or hard it would be to hit my target. The six of us had a target shooting challenge where the winner was promised $20. We had small paper bullseyes attached to a tree stump to aim at. We each took two practice shots, and then we got six shots each. The targets have a bullseye and then concentric circles labled 1-5 extending outward. The goal was to get all shots inside the 2 or better. While I did not win by any means, I did manage to get all my shots in the 2 to 3 range, save one stray shot that hit the lower corner of the paper. Maybe it's a little hick to say, but it was really fun.

Rob and I have started watching the first season DVDs of "One Tree Hill" so we squeezed in as many episodes as we could while we were at the cabin. It's a pretty good show as far as high school dramas go, but not as good as "The O.C." in my opinion.

One of my favorite things about Saturday was driving the mountain roads with windows down and worship music blaring. There's something special to me about being able to experience God's beautiful creation while singing praises to Him. The weather was perfect and it was just a wonderful experience.

What I miss most about the time I spent in Georgia last summer is being able to watch the fireflies at dusk every day. I was thrilled to be able to see them again this weekend. They really amaze me. I'm convinced God made them just to give us pleasure.

Well, that's about it for the trip. Since I've been back in town I've been trying to get in touch with my work (which only consists of the store owner and one other lady) to find out what days I'm supposed to work. I finally got hold of "the other lady" (Ann) this morning, and clearly there was some miscommunication because I was supposed to go in yesterday but didn't know, and she didn't know that I was out of town on Monday (although the owner knew) so the store hasn't been open since Sunday (we're closed on Tuesdays anyway). Woops. I figure (a) it's not my fault because the owner lost the calendar so we couldn't adequately plan ahead last week, and (b) it's not that big of a deal because I opened two extra days last week while the owner was out of town. So that's the minimal amount of drama that's going on in my life this week. So I'm only working on Friday I guess. Anyway. Tonight will be my soon-to-be world-famous enchiladas for me and Rob. Yummy. I'll post again when exciting things happen.

Oh... ps, I'm reading the book Girl Meets God and it's really, really good. I highly recommend it. It's about a girl who is born to a Jewish father and Southern Baptist mother, neither of whom are "practicing." When she's old enough to decide, she converts to Orthodox Judaism, but later feels God's call on her life and converts to Christianity. The book is basically an honest look at her faith struggle. It's so good. Anyone could relate to her struggle on so many levels.

Later.

No comments: