May 6, 2003

Okay, so I'm starting this Blog Spot site not really knowing in what direction I want to take it. I basically just wanted a place to post quotes and verses and things like that that I come across... I'm always finding stuff I want to share with people. But I'm sure it will sometimes become a little more like a journal instead. I learned about Blog Spot from my good friend Quinn's site, who, by the way, I hope does not mind that I started my own! Anyway, for starters, I guess I should tell a little about myself for those who don't really know me. Actually, those who do will probably still find some new information. So, I'm Megan Michelle Lee (I'm one of those rare people who actually likes her whole name!). My birthday is September 16, 1983, and it seems very odd to me that I'll turn 20 this year. When you're finished being a teenager, what are you? Not necessarily an adult... I have brothers to vouch for that! Anyway, continuing... my favorite color: undecided. It was blue but now is potentially green, which, come to think of it, was my favorite when I was little. My favorite animals are elephants, which seems slightly random to me. I love the fact that I have naturally dark brown hair and the fact that my two brothers are old enough that I was raised, more or less, as an only child. My love for both of these, however, is subject to exceptions from time to time... although I would NEVER wish to be a blond... no offense, Allie! I'm a Christian, but I assume the majority of people reading this know me well enough to know that; I was saved when I was 9 1/2 at a children's camp. Hmmmm.... what else?? Oh... my favorite television show of all times is I Love Lucy. I'm slightly obsessed, actually, and have quite a little collection going on in my room. I love music, especially in relation to worship. And yes, I was a "band nerd" throughout most of school. What I really love, however, is singing. The best time I ever had was the two times I was able to be in the All-State choirs. SO much fun. Currently I'm enrolled in Flagler College in lovely St. Augustine, Florida, but I'm home for about 4 months for summer. I'm studying in the Deaf Education department at Flagler, and I love it. Okay, I think I've covered most of the important stuff about myself, so I'll end here. Before I go for today, I'll leave you with a few quotes.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
-Emily Dickenson

"And if I sense you close behind... I can turn on a paradigm... I can be sarcastic and cruel... But it's all just subterfuge... because behind this oh so clever masquerade... there hides a child still so very afraid... but if the truth be known... I don't want to be alone."
-from "Hide & Seek" by Jason Gay

-both quotes curtesy of Quinn's Jason Gay CD case.

No comments: