May 25, 2003

Okay, you know you're having a good week when God reiterates His message to you through a movie! Went to see "Bruce Almighty" tonight, and I was surprisingly pleased. First of all, absolutely hilarious. And, more importantly, not nearly as "blasphemous" as the previews might have sounded, which I had heard from a freind, otherwise I probably wouldn't have watched it anyway. The last ten or fifteen minutes of it were the best. I won't ruin it for anyone, but there was one part that really stood out to me. "Bruce," who had been able to do anything, including answer prayers, says to "God" that he just gave everybody what they wanted cause he thougth it would make them happy. And "God" says, "since when does anybody have a clue what they want?" If you've been reading my posts, you know that's something I've been talking about lately. It was like this great revelation in the movie theater, which was pretty weird since that's not usually where those sorts of things happen! Anyway, overall I will say that I was quite pleased with the way prayer was presented in this movie, as well as God, to a certain degree. Kinda weird watching Hollywood stars pray seemingly sincere prayers on the big screen! Okay, so it's not something to form your own theology out of, but I would recomend the movie.

(Lori, get back to work! Your break time's up!)

Later!

No comments: