Sep 16, 2003

It makes me sad...

[I hate that I'm writing about this on my birthday, but I was thinking about it the other day and I was just reminded, so I'll write while it's on my mind.] It makes me sad that people have such potential and just completely waste it. They have the opportunity to turn out to be completely awesome people and do great and wonderful things, yet they throw that all away for "the easy road" and whatever seems most enjoyable and acceptable according to our culture. Something more specific: it makes me sad that people think they have to drink to be happy and accepted. And no matter what you believe about drinking (for Christians), it is totally and completely wrong for an underaged person who claims to be a Christian to drink. Not only is it completely illegal and therefore wrong in the first place, it also puts a really bad name on Christians. This 18 year old person I know has been drinking (and getting drunk) lately, and it makes me really disappointed. Why do people think that's what it's all about? There's so much more to life. So many things are way more fulfilling... and don't make ya throw up.

Hmmm.

No comments: