Dec 1, 2005

lacking...

I haven't been in the Word like I should lately, and I can feel it more now than I ever have before. There have been plenty of times in my life when I've gone without quiet times for given periods of time, but this time seems to be having the most effect. I guess it's good in a way. Not good that I'm out of the Word, but good that I'm feeling its importance by the void that is left without it. I read yesterdsay, and, as always, God was faithful to go above and beyond what I expected. There was a certain passage, the last among many, and when I got to it, it was like being in a dark house with heavy drapes on the windows, and when you pull back the drapes the sunlight comes pouring in. The light and warmth fill the room and change the entire atmosphere. "Wow," you say, as you stand in amazement of all that you had been missing when the drapes were closed. That's how I felt yesterday. That's how I want to feel every day. Yet it's so easy just to leave my Bible sitting there closed. All it takes is a little determination. I'm working on that. Pray for me. Grace and peace.

No comments: