Apr 12, 2006

life...

I've been engaged for a month, as of yesterday. It's fantastic. I've been coughing for a week straight as of today. It sucks. I think I'm finally coming out of it, as I haven't coughed nearly as much this afternoon, which is nice. Last night we had a banquet for Fusion leadership, and I came home immediately afterward and got in bed. I was in bed by 9pm! How crazy is that? And then, I slept straight through the night soundly (which I believe was direct answer to prayer), woke up to my alarm this morning, turned it off, crawled back in bed after switching the light on with the intention of only staying there a few more minutes, and then woke up at 7:30 and realized I was going to be late for work. So I slept for 10 1/2 hours straight. It was nice, although I could have done about three more. So I figured since I was going to be late for work anyway, and I had already called in to inform them of this, I might as well pick up Chick-fil-A for breakfast. It was tasty. Since then, the day has dragged by, but it's been bearable. I have just under two hours to go, at which time I intend to go home and get about two more hours of sleep before Rob is done at the church. Over the weekend while we were visiting Rob's family, Mrs.Barbi loaded us up on groceries because they are moving soon and she wanted to clean out her pantry. So that means Rob is cooking dinner tonight, which is great. There are few things in life better than someone else doing the cooking on a day that you really don't feel like it!

Speaking of last weekend, we were in Ft.Lauderdale for the first of our wedding showers (engagement party actually... same thing). Mrs.Barbara loves planning parties. She was most excited about the cake that she ordered. It was from a Cuban bakery, and it was beautiful. It was round and had hand-done lace icing on the top, with a fondant bow that made it look like an actual tied-up gift, complete with hang tag that read "Congratulations Rob and Megan."

She also ordered floral centerpieces and put together photos of Rob and myself to display. She's really great at thinking of little details like that. Anyway, it was all just really sweet. In attendance were Rob's grandparents and other members of their church who are practically family. Also, the Kirstens were able to come down from Orlando, which was really nice. All of them are such great people. I'm glad to be inheriting such a wonderful family.

That's really all the interesting news I have for now, aside from telling you that my doodles on the top of my notepad interestingly developed into a smiling caterpillar. Wish I could show you. Okay, that's all. Later.

No comments: