Apr 25, 2006

roomies...

It's official. I have a roommate. I am sharing the same four walls with another person for the first time since April 2004. But it's Krissy, so it'll be cool. (Come to think of it, she's only the second person I've ever shared a room with.) We both got the majority of our stuff moved into the room surprisingly quickly yesterday. Oh, but the best part of the story is that after Bible study last night, we went DUMPSTER DIVING! Yes, for the first time ever, I proudly hoisted myself up onto the side of a dumpster and plundered through its contents. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds though. It was the dumpster that only contains cardboard, so it wasn't really gross or anything. And we were only on the side... we didn't crawl around in it. Anyway, we needed boxes to pack up our stuff, as both of us are really moving soon. I boxed up anything that I can live without for the next month and shoved it into the far corner of the closet. Mostly that contains books, teaching stuff, and random craft/hobby stuff. Moving out actually shouldn't be too much trouble now because so much is in boxes already, besides my clothes, which I'll just leave on the hangers and throw in the back seat of the car. I'm really looking forward to moving. I like the idea of change. I even enjoyed just changing rooms because I haven't done so much as rearrange my furniture in the two years I've been in the house because my room was so tiny it just wasn't possible. When I lived at home, I would rearrange every six weeks or so, so to go for two years without is a big deal for me! Anyway, random thought for you. Okay, I've jammed some paper in my printer, so I have to go attempt to fix it now. Later.

No comments: