Jun 13, 2006

38...

That's the number of days till I'm married! 38! Barely over a month! I'm so unbelievably excited. Rob and I start our pre-marriage counseling tonight, which I'm not going to lie, I'm not really all that excited about. I understand that it's a good idea for people to receive some guidance before they get married, and I have no doubt that it will in some way benefit Rob and myself, but I sort of feel like they're going to explain to us a bunch of things that Rob and I have already worked through on our own. I think we have a fairly strong and healthy relationship in pretty much every area, we've learned how to work through problems together and deal with our differences, so for as arrogant as this sounds, I feel like the counseling may be a little pointless for us. But we're going regardless, and like I said, I'm sure we'll learn something in the end. It is a little funny to me though that we're starting our counseling sessions one month before the wedding. You would think that would have been done sooner. The counselors took forever to get back with us though, so here we are, 38 days out and just now starting. In the event that we're horribly incompatible and advised not to marry, I'm curious to know if they plan to foot the bill for the things that have already been paid for the wedding?? Hmmm?? I'm kidding, obviously. One of the cool things about mine and Rob's relationship is the enormous amount of support from those who know us. I think practically every person we know at one time or another has commented on how well we compliment each other or how well we work together as a couple, which is a huge encouragement to me to be even more confideint in the fact that this is the exact will of God for us. I don't think we've ever been told "Gosh, you guys seem like an odd match"! Even people who only know one of us, or who don't really know either of us, have told us that we fit each other well. That's cool to me.

On another note, we should have furniture in our living room tomorrow!!! I can't tell you how happy I am about that! Not having a couch is getting old. Until now, we have only had one relatively comfortable chair and one folding butterfly-chair that sort of swallows you whole when you sit in it, with our tv sitting on top of a milk crate. The tv will remain in the same condition for now, but at least we'll be able to sit comfortably to watch it. We haven't so much as rented a movie since I moved in because of the furniture situation. And of course, the first weekend that that is a possibility, Rob will be out of town. So the girls might be invited over on Saturday for a movie so I don't wind up spending the entire weekend alone. I've learned that I have to make plans to be social, otherwise I just wind up falling off the face of the earth into my hermit-like existance. While I don't usually mind the anti-social life, I know it's not always healthy. And I've quickly realized from living alone how easy it is for me to fall out of touch with everyone. So as much of a chore as it can be for me, I'm trying to remain a part of "the group."

Rob and I had another wedding shower last Saturday, thanks to which we have plates to eat off of and more than two cups in the cabinets! It's really amazing how generous everyone has been to us. We are very thankful.

Anyway, so that's all for now. I didn't get the job at Hartley, so the wait for job interviews continues. I know something will come along, I just hope it's soon.

38 days.......

No comments: