Aug 8, 2003

The Friday Five

1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?
hmmm... oh, last week the family went to Jekyll Island, GA. The last (and only) time I traveled outside the country was to Europe... London and France: wonderful trip.

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?
Wow... there's so many... where to begin? Brooke threw up on a bus trip once. On another bus trip, we had to stop and have the on-board port-a-potty cleaned out... very weird... water hose through a window... we were all still on board... truely unforgetable! And on yet another bus trip, this one to Tallahassee from Jacksonville, the AC broke! It was utterly rediculous. Late spring in Florida with 50-ish warm bodies... completely miserable half the way there and the whole way back. And it wasn't that the AC just wouldn't come on... it was blowing hot air! On yet another bus trip, this one with my senior class (the previous ones were all with the band), the bus driver began falling asleep on an icy road in North Carolina and nearly hit a Semi! I believe it was the same bus driver that cut a corner in a parking lot too close and hit a pole. Hmmm... any other stories...

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?
First, make a stop in Atlanta to visit Rex and Marti. Then, I suppose I would head back over to London... I loved it there.

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
I have only really traveled by plane and train once each in my life, but I enjoyed them both. Out of the three, I guess I would choose plane. I like each of them for different reasons, but for a long trip I certainly would not opt to go by car. I do have this dream of traveling the country by train, but it has to be one of the cool ones with sleeper cars and everything!

5. What's the next place on your list to visit?
I don't have much opportunity at this point in my life to do a lot of traveling, but I guess realistically I could pick Miami. Last year I made it down to West Palm Beach with some friends and had a blast... maybe we'll make it to Miami this year.

What's your favorite place and why? Leave a comment, let me know.

No comments: