Jan 22, 2004

feeling used, but in a good way...

I went through a time last year when I really felt like I wasn't being used by God in any significant way. I was a little torn between churches, so I wasn't really plugged into a specific ministry. On top of that, I really wasn't building personal relationships to the degree that I should have. This year I feel like that has all turned around completely. I'm plugged in at Anastasia, especially in Fusion, and I love it. People talk about how much they appreciate me/us making such sacrifices to lead Fusion, but to me it's no sacrifice at all. It's what I enjoy doing for the sake of God's ministry. Secondly, I feel like God has blessed and provided me with so many meaningful friendships this year. I don't just feel like I've made a lot of new friends this year (although I do feel that way); I feel like the friendships that have emerged have been so important to my spiritual development. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least four friends that I have made this year that are Christians who are incredibly encouraging to me. I know all of us are glad we were able to meet one another because we have all become so important in each others' lives. In addition, I have had the opportunity this year to become friends and acquaintances with several people who are not Christians. I don't know exactly how God is using me in those relationships, but I'm certain He's doing something, whether I can see it or not. Anyway, it's a good feeling to know that God is working in and through me. I'm quite encouraged.

No comments: