May 20, 2003

"Help Me Out, God" by Superchic[k]

help me out, God, I need a little something, turn the brights on, I can't see where I'm going, cause I don't know when things'll work out just fine, or if this road we're on leads us up or is leading me on down to my wishing well, where I might drown, oh I might drown, cause I CAN'T SWIM WITHOUT YOU, GOD, help me out, God, I need a little something, hold my hand, so I know that I'm not falling down or spinning round, or am I really just fine, is this vertigo I feel just simply fear or maybe real, it's a long way down, and I might fall, and I might fall, cause I CAN'T STAND WITHOUT YOU, GOD, help me out, God, I need a little something, just enough so I don't lose hope before morning comes cause in the sun things'll work out just fine, but this night's been extra long, I fear I won't make it to the dawn, cause the night is dark and I might doubt, and I might doubt, cause I CAN'T HOPE WITHOUT YOU, GOD, just enough for today, get me through till tomorrow

No comments: