May 21, 2003

Ya ever feel all alone in a room full of people? I feel like that's the story of my life! I know it's just one of those things that satan uses to get me down, and I also know it's one of those things I need to get over. It's pretty tough to get over at times, though. All I can say is that I have no idea how non-Christians ever cope in life! Christ is my only source of strenght. He is all that get's me through. Here's the lyrics to "One and Lonely" (of course, by superchick!). I think only parts of it apply to me, but it's a great song anyway.

It's not like they meant to hurt me, watchin' tv, checking Britney, televised, my guy's checking out her thighs, and I roll my eyes and sigh. It's not like I even need to be competing with unreality, tv fantesy, not for a smart girl like me.

some days it's hard to be a one girl revolution. sometimes I have good days, and it's good to be me. sometimes I get the best of insecurity. and it's quite alright to be the one and only, but today I feel like the one and lonely.

It's not that I don't know beauty is only skin deep, just the skin I'm in, not the girl within, but one imperfection takes away my grin. it's not that I think I'm ugly, but acne throws me for a backslide, I won't go outside, think I can't hide how I feel inside.

some days it's hard to be a one girl revolution. sometimes I have good days, and it's good to be me. sometimes I get the best of insecurity. and it's quite alright to be the one and only, but today I feel like the one and lonely.

we all have bad hair days, those nothing-good-about-me days, we just keep moving on cause they'll be gone and we'll still be here going on. we have our yesterdays, no-lunch-cause-our-jeans-don't-fit days, we just keep moving on cause they'll be gone and we'll still be here going on.

sometimes I have bad days and it's hard to be me. sometimes I get brought down by security. and I have my days where I'm the one and lonely, but today I choose to be the one and only.

No comments: