May 15, 2003

My prayer currently is that God will show me where He wants to use me. Sometimes I feel so "unused" and it makes me a little discouraged, yet I have no idea what it is that God wants me to do. Tonight at Danny and Tina's we were talking about the singles' department, and everybody shared their opinion of it, and what-not, and I think all of us are at the point where we are saying, "yeah, things need to change, but what is there that I can do about it?" We, or at least I, feel like we're "not in a position to lead" as somebody put it tonight. And I definitely am feeling like there's nothing I can do because I'm kinda torn between churches in a way-- my "home church" and my "school church." I feel like I'm "not in a position to lead" in either place (yet) because I'm not permanently at either one of them. And let me say that choosing between two really great churches is a very tough thing to do, but I feel like it's something I'm going to need to do very soon. Talking about not knowing what God wants me to do, last night as I laid in my bed unable to fall asleep, I was half-thinking half-praying about the fact that I really don't know what I want to do with my life. That may come as a shock to some of my friends, because they all seem to think I'm the one that's got it all together and knows where I'm going and all that jazz. But last night I decided that whatever I do, I want it to be what I love, but the problem is I don't know what that is yet! That's a frustrating thing! I guess all I need to do is take my own advice... have patience and faith.

I've obviously got a lot on my mind tonight. Please pray for our college department, and for me to see God's will (in all situations) as it comes along.

No comments: