Jun 5, 2003

Okay, even though it's not Friday (yet) and even though this isn't something I normally do, I'm going to do The Friday Five, which is a list of five questions that is posted every friday for people to answer on their web pages. This one's from last week, but I liked these questions... kinda thought-provoking. So, without further delay, here's the Friday Five.
1. What do you most want to be remembered for?
I guess this isn't really something to be remembered for, but it's sorta the same. My thing would be that I want to live so that no one could find anything bad to say about me. Sounds a little crazy, but I guess what I mean is just that I want to have "a good name."
2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life?
I'll have to think about this one. I know what my mom's is... "better safe than sorry," and when it comes to umbrellas and jackets it's "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it." Man, I've heard that my whole life! Hmmm.... I'll answer the other questions and maybe I'll think of my quote by then.
3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the last year?
I would have to say that completing 31 credit hours and 50 practicum hours is my greatest accomplishment this year. Gee, only 2 1/2 more years like this one... except even tougher... the end is nowhere in sight!
4. What about the past ten years?
Getting saved! (Not that that is something I can take the credit for) 10 years ago at children's camp I got saved, and I've never regretted a moment of it.
5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say?
I suppose I would tell them not to worry about the future, but rather focus on what you can do right now. And also, I'd tell them not to believe all the lies about how easy it is to get college scholarships!!! It's all a conspiracy! There's not really any money! They just want you to work your butt off writing useless application essays for the heck of it!
Okay, now for my quote from number two. I guess number five helped me think of one. Matthew 6:34a "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about it's own things." The verse before it is a good one to live by, too. Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

No comments: