May 16, 2006


It's been an interesting day from the get-go. First of all, Krissy was up this morning with the three of us regular early-morning risers, which is completely out of the ordinary. She has two interviews in Jacksonville today, for which I am very excited for her. Krissy told me this morning, "There are some people that make me a happy morning person, and I think you're one of those people!" That humored me. I'm not sure why she thinks this is true... I barely speak to people in the mornings. I'm not grumpy, but I wouldn't classify myself as "happy" in the mornings either. I'm just sort of neutral, I guess. I get up and I get going because I know I have to. That's all. (Which I guess sums up a lot of things in my life... it's not that I'm happy or upset about them, I just do what I have to do and that's it.) I had my quet time before I left the house, and like yesterday, it was really good. I love that. I feel like there's a lot of times that I just get in the habit of doing my quiet time because I feel like I should, yet I don't necessarily feel like I'm getting much out of it. I love times that it's really meaningful, which it has been so far this week. Before arriving at work this morning, I swung by the Gate station to pick up a Chai Latte, and on the way in I saw Mason (my church's youth pastor) which was random. He asked me if I was stopping in for my morning pick-me-up and I nodded. As I was checking out with the cashier, I noticed the woman in front of me buying a bottle of wine... keep in mind that this is at 8:00am! I thought that was a little odd. It was wine and cigarettes, actually. But the cigarettes are slightly more understandable at 8am. Anyway. Then all morning at work was like a mad-house. One of the real-estate closings this morning, aside from the four adults, contained three children under the age of what I assume was about 3 1/2 (all from the same family), as well as a parakeet! Meanwhile, we had two other meetings going on, which exceeded our number of available meeting rooms; the phone was ringing off the hook; I was trying to copy files at our only copy machine, which happens also to be our fax machine, as well as a printer that is available to all of the computers in the office, so needless to say I was interrupted multiple times. My printer is tempermental and has chosen not to cooperate today. I got a super-serious email today that I had to take time to reply to. I just got off the phone with a man who won't take no for an answer. A guy (the second one this month, actually) from Tire Kingdom just stopped by our office to try to sell us their car care crap for an entire year, and lucky me, I'm the receptionist, so I'm the one who gets to deal with these people. Anyway, all that to say it's been an eventful day. I left the office for lunch for the sake of my sanity, so Rob and I enjoyed an hour of peace at TGIFriday's. And clearly now I'm back at work, dealing with irate phone calls and tire salesmen. Other than that, however, it has slown down a lot. As for now, I need to get back to work, so I'll end this post here. Hope everyone has an awesome afternoon. Peace.

No comments: