May 19, 2006

temporary satisfaction...

As I am looking forward to moving in about a week, I am constantly daydreaming about arranging furniture; painting; unpacking into a new, clean, empty house; organizing... (Hi, my name is Megan, but you can call me Monica. You know, like the anally-organized sister of Ross and wife of Chandler.) Anyway, since I still have about a week before I get to do any of that, I satisfied my organizing and cleaning urdge this morning by rearranging the stuff on my desk at work. This will make me sound really lazy, but I shifted my printer from the left side of my desk to the right because the power switch is on the far left of the printer, so this way I won't have to get up to reach it. But in my defense, I have to switch it frequently because of my printer's uncooperative temper. And now I can access the envelop feed slot without having to move my phone. I'm sure you care. After rearranging everything, I proceeded to --get this-- clean my phone and keyboard with disinfectant wipes. I'm sort of paranoid about germs on phones, and my keyboard was obnoxiously dirty. It kind of weirds me out. I'm not sure what the previous employee did to it, but it's possibly the dirtiest keyboard I've ever seen. Anyway, now I'm organized and germ-free. And I currently have a small plant decorating the corner of my desk, as well. I'm not sure if it's staying there, or if my desk is just a holding place while its real home is occupied, but I kind of like it. Anyway, all this randomness because the office is busy this morning, which, oddly enough, prevents me from being able to do much of my "real" work. Anyway, that's all for now. Later.

No comments: